Small sub

Looking for a subwoofer to try with monitors. Needs to be quite small and must be fast/articulate. Will be for 2 channel only.
jamesw20
I hate small subs. My sunfire actually danced around when pushed hard. To get good performance out of a tiny box is hard. Also, even though they are small, it doesn't mean that you can just "hide" it. Shoving it in a corner or under something else will hurt the sound.

I had much better sound out of an 8" energy than the sunfire. The energy didn't try to compensate for lack of size or power. However, once going to a 15" velodyne, I'll never go back.
Good point for your sub you need to consider room volume H x W x D = cu ft. This is important you need a big enought sub to pressureise the room or it will be point less, actually you shouldn't determine the sub size the room should. Also you need a big enought cone to get the low notes 21 hrtz is usally good watch the specs on small subs they just never sound deep to me ot the ones that get that low have big distortion at volume. Last there is a guy you may want to google craig's subs he seems to of dedicated his life to nothing but testing subs.
Hey Y'all,

MJ Acoustic. Small, somewhat powerful, depending on which one you purchase, and they go very low. I'm running two Reference 150 Mk IIs. The power is rated at 150 watts and they go down to 13 Hz at -3db. Dimensions are 11.8"W X 14"H X 11.8D. They are made by the original crew that made Rel in the UK before Rel moved their manufacturing to China. They are very easy to set up. You can find more info through the industry directory here on the 'Gon.........John
Check out the review on the Totem Acoustic Storm sub:

Affordable Audio - Aug 2007:
http://www.affordableaudio.org/TotemStorm.pdf