Small floorstander recommendations

I am looking for suggestions for a small footprint, floorstander for about $1000 new/used. Here is what I have to work with:

Musical preferences: 80% old-school R&B, rock, pop, funk, electronic, and hip hop; 20% classical, blues, jazz, vocals
Room: 15' X 17', hardwood floors, typical living room furniture, area rug
Source: Sony DVD player (next component to upgrade)
Amplification: Audio Refinement Complete integrated amp

I am looking to balance out my musical preference ratios, so the speaker should be a good, all-around performer.

Considering the following:
Totem Acoustics Sttaf
Vienna Acoustics Bach
Meadowlark Swift or Kestrel Hod Rod
Spendor S6
Triange Zerius
ProAc Studio 125
Epos M15

All comments/recommendations welcome.

Best Regards,

johnny5
johnny5
OK, heres one you have not heard yet..

The Energy Veritas 2.2 w/stands. you can find them used on this site now and then for perhaps a little over 1K. They are incredibly good for music and theater, and they are built incredibly well. With the right amp and perhaps a sub for the electronic and hip-hop stuff you listen to, you will be set. The Veritas series should not be confused with their other speaker lines! I also agree with the last poster who said you should look at the used pair of Thiels on this site... sweet speaker from a great company.
Phasecorrect,

My quest for a small footprint speakers has temporarily been put on hold. I will be in the market again later this year. However, to hold me over, I purchased the Parts Express BR-1 kit (not a floorstander, but I had a limited budget to work with). Have not completely broken in, but initial impressions are very good.

I will definitely keep everyone's suggestions in mind when I begin looking again.

Best Regards,

johnny5
I have some others to add to the list - if you can find them. They are: Rega Alya and Neat Loudspeaker's Elite. They are around the same price point as the others (maybe a little more - in line with the Linn Ninka's) and are really nice sounding also.

I would mention Royd Loudspeakers (NO JOKES - OK!!) but since they are hard to find - it would not be worth your time looking.

Dave
Hello,

In your case, I recommend the Jura loudspeaker from Rega. They are a good all rounder. The treble is soft, this is a good thing with digital sources. The medium is warm. The bass is deep and round. I tried it with a CD player and the result was nice. If you have a turntable like a REGA Planar 25, you should choose another one. For example, Alya loudspeaker from Rega. This one is very good with digital and analog sources but the basse is not as deep as the Jura. Last advice, try these ones with your amplifier. I have the Alyas and they work well with a warm and dynamic amp like the Mira from Rega. I don't know your amp but I know that a amp which doesn't have enough dynamic and power is not a good match for the Alyas. I tried them with a NAD 3020i amplifier and the result was boring but with the Rega Mira WOWWWW! You can listen KEF Cresta 3 or Dynaudio Audience 52, they are good also.