Sistrum or Neuance or...?

I'm considering some isolation for my transport and DAC. Which of the Sistrum or Neuance do you recommend? Or what else? I'm certainly open to suggestions. Thanks.
budrew
Good-day Listeners,

Star Sound Technologies, LLC has now posted Part One of three documents that will provide you a greater understanding to vibration, the positive and negative effects created from vibration and how our technology provides newfound methodologies in dealing with the topics of resonance control.

First we must understand the primary problem that is created from vibration and that is termed Coulomb friction (a self induced detriment).

Vibration forms what is known as Coulomb friction. Coulomb friction is a property that creates detrimental inefficiencies across all signal pathways (being that of the whole).

Vibration also creates many positive qualities related to sound such as dynamics and multiple layers of harmonics. The question is how does one dissipate Coulomb friction without altering the extremely sensitive yet very critical phase relationship that affects the dynamics and harmonic structure of the instrument (component or loudspeaker) residing on a vibrating plane?

Technical documentation can become somewhat difficult to easily follow without a mathematical or engineering background. The middle portion of this paper can become somewhat confusing as we deal with the specifics of Coulomb friction; however we have tried our best to maintain a general “high-level” understanding for all to benefit from the entire content and proof. Please follow through its entirety at

http://www.starsound.biz/coulomb.html .

We will be happy to answer all of your questions as we invite your calls at 1-877-668-4332 (toll free).

We thank you in advance.

As always – Good Listening!

Robert Maicks
Star Sound Technologies, LLC
Well, I have tried the Sistrum products, admittedley only the Audiopoints of which I have sets of three under my CDP, amp and speakers and there is no doubt in my mind that they have made a significant improvement to my somewhat modest system. I'd love to try the platforms, but living in New Zealand as I do the cost of importing these products is quite prohibitive. I must add that I find the amount of flak directed at Robert Maicks and his staff to be down right rude and completely unnecessary. In my dealings with Star Sound I have found Robert to be nothing short of helpful and courteous. To all those doubting Thomas's out there I say don't knock it until you have tried it.

Bevan James
Dunedin
New Zealand
Bevan great to know that Audiopoints are well heard of half way around the world..Wish we could beam you over a complete Sistrum package duty free..I haven't been a doubting Thomas for many years now..Tom..I am a Starsound dealer.
Just out of interest Bevan, what other cones, spikes, rollerblocks, platforms did you try the Audiopoints against in coming to your conclusion? Or are you saying they are an improvement over nothing. Being in NZ too I am interested in where you might have got hold of them to try. I have tried Audiopoints and some other Sistrum stuff, as well as many similar things, but it tends to be an expensive hobby when you have to buy and sell as well as meet freight costs to/from the rest of the world whenever you want to try things.