Sim Audio Moon Evolution Series, - I-7

Some great looking new equipment with the Moon Evolution series.
Any comments from any users or others that have demoed this new line? I am interested in the integrated I-7 model.
Thanks
mr_bill
I think Sim Audio is nicely marketed and have quite a following. However, sonically speaking, you can do much better for the money....
The speakers used in my audition were Gallo reference 3s. the I7 had way more power than the first Roque I auditioned - unless tube watts really are more powerful than SS watts. I thought a watt was a watt. Anyway, I really WANTED to like the I7, it would have been an elegant and easy answer to my living room system search, but it had no depth compared to the others, and , well, I'm really bad at articulating what I hear, but the dealer was shocked too - I could see it in his face.
juaudio - I haven't found anything clearly superior to my supernova for the money - pray, do tell - what else should I be listening to? As I posted before, I'm looking for a second unit, and I'm open minded - but this is the upper limit of my budget for a CDP.
24phun, you are right on the money with your description of the 1-7, and it happens to be the same as with two previous MOON integrateds I once owned (one early, one late-generation of the i-5). Yeah, i'm a sucker for good looks. It least I WAS, but no longer.

I had my latest I-5 in a system with the wonderfull Verity Audio Parsifal speakers. These Moon units are very seductive, but ultimately sound dry, dark, with a one-dimension image. Where's the depth ?

After listening to the I-7, I find the same ''House sound''. If the new Moon series is developped and tuned by the same set of ears as the previous generation (and something tells me this is the case), all the self-proclaimed bragging and techno-talk jabble on Sim's website won't change a thing. These are sexy-looking, extremely attractive units - but sonically, at least for me - a major downer, and way overpriced as such.

Try something as inexpensive as the Cayin A 88-T and be amazed.
24phun and juadio:

did you get a chance to listen to sim's regular amps and preamps? I am curious to know if these separates exhibit the same sonic behavior as the integrated.
I have heard some of Sims new stuff at my local dealers and most recently at the Montreal audio show last month and it was some of the best gear available at the show, which I might add included some highly regarded tube stuff. It is FAR from one dimensional. The W8 with the Dynaudio C4 was out of this world ! UHF magazine bought the new W8 to use as their reference just recently. They have some good points about Sim stuff compared to other notable competators. Every Sim I have ever heard has more than impressed me. Maybe their integrated amps are their achilles heal product... have only heard (intensively) their seperates components so I can't really comment.

There is lots of great gear about that I'm sure compares and is no doubt as good or better then the I7. I suspect if you get good system synergy with the right speakers the I7 will compete with the best stuff out there. Never heard of Cayin, apparently another Chinese manufacturer with stuff that out performs many more expensive NA peices...as is alluded too. You can probably wipe your ass with any warranty they give you but at the 1-2K price point I guess if it breaks down no great loss. Nice looking stuff tho.