Sim Audio Moon Evolution Series, - I-7

Some great looking new equipment with the Moon Evolution series.
Any comments from any users or others that have demoed this new line? I am interested in the integrated I-7 model.
Thanks
mr_bill
I have the supernova CDP, and I've yet to try anything side by side that betters it. I'm going to try again this weekend, w/ayre and accuphase going against it. I need a second CDP, and if I don't find better, I'll buy a second unit.
So, last weekend I packed it up and took it to the dealer, where it was put into a system with the matching I-7. Then we tryed a few different separate combos, and the I-7 did not hold up well at all. The winner (of what was available to try in this test) were the Rogue 99 pre/150 amp. By a large margin.
I know, we're talking tubes vs. SS, and obvious size differences. But the cost difference is not that bad, and I don't think I'd be happy listening to the I-7 in my system knowing that there's much better out there.
Two things - the i-7 had less than 50 hours on it - maybe it could change THAT much when fully burned in, but I would be really surprised. Second, I'm just a regular consumer fool, what do I know?
I think it's just a question of break-in, because I have heard the i-7/SuperNova combination beat out, in terms of musicality, their more expensive P-5/W-5/Eclipse. The Evolution gear sounds more organic, with a faster, more focused and revealing presentation. Of course, maybe the speakers used were also not a good match for the i-7. And the SuperNova simply "slams" any other CD Player out there I've heard at near this price. Sim gear has always been known to need a long time to break in. BTW, I heard it with Dynaudio Confidence C2's, and it sounded awesome. Funny thing is, before my dealer connected the i-7's to the Dyn's, it was connected to some expensive Levinson gear, so I asked to listen to that beforehand. The Levinson power and pre (the SuperNova was still the source) did not have the articulation and see-through quality of the i-7. I preferred the Sim integrated. Oh, it wasn't as powerful as the Levinsons (they were powerful monos), but it was tighter and better focused.
I think Sim Audio is nicely marketed and have quite a following. However, sonically speaking, you can do much better for the money....
The speakers used in my audition were Gallo reference 3s. the I7 had way more power than the first Roque I auditioned - unless tube watts really are more powerful than SS watts. I thought a watt was a watt. Anyway, I really WANTED to like the I7, it would have been an elegant and easy answer to my living room system search, but it had no depth compared to the others, and , well, I'm really bad at articulating what I hear, but the dealer was shocked too - I could see it in his face.
juaudio - I haven't found anything clearly superior to my supernova for the money - pray, do tell - what else should I be listening to? As I posted before, I'm looking for a second unit, and I'm open minded - but this is the upper limit of my budget for a CDP.
24phun, you are right on the money with your description of the 1-7, and it happens to be the same as with two previous MOON integrateds I once owned (one early, one late-generation of the i-5). Yeah, i'm a sucker for good looks. It least I WAS, but no longer.

I had my latest I-5 in a system with the wonderfull Verity Audio Parsifal speakers. These Moon units are very seductive, but ultimately sound dry, dark, with a one-dimension image. Where's the depth ?

After listening to the I-7, I find the same ''House sound''. If the new Moon series is developped and tuned by the same set of ears as the previous generation (and something tells me this is the case), all the self-proclaimed bragging and techno-talk jabble on Sim's website won't change a thing. These are sexy-looking, extremely attractive units - but sonically, at least for me - a major downer, and way overpriced as such.

Try something as inexpensive as the Cayin A 88-T and be amazed.