Should you use cleaner on your stylus?

I am hearing two diferent arguments on cleaning my stylus, I have a CA Aurum Beta S Mk. 2 MM cartridge on a JMW9 TA and 2 grams of pressure:
1) Should I use a cleaner, and if so what one?
2) What is the best stylus brush to use? Brand name please.
3) How often (hours of use) should I clean it, based on relatively clean LP's
flharrisdd0f
Yes, use the white portion only. Do not use the blue. Also, do not wet the white part, to clean the stylus you use it dry.
Haaaaa! I even found a link where you can have a free sample sent to you. Don't even have to go to the supermarket anymore, and no cash out of your pocket. This may be the most effective, cheapest tweak yet! It should be posted on Enjoy the Music.

http://www.startsampling.com/sm/5161/captureAddress.iphtml?item=5161&pk_guid=&source=hms

Enjoy,
Bob
Len Gregory The Cartridgeman (makes the fine Music Maker MM)
recommends cleaning with fluid judiciously to avoid drying out the internal mechanism, but with a dry brush before each play.
Yes, you should clean stylii, as well as the records.

Dry cleaning brushes: Any quality artist brush, natural fiber(read: sable). Mine is a .5" flat tip Grumbacher 6661. Used for general dusting, especially since the Clearaudio V. Wood loves to attract all manner of fuzzy crap on the bottom front.

For stylus cleaning brushes, I have the one that came with LAST. Also have a old Discwasher brush. Both these are high-density fiber count with a "flat-top" cut. Both are used with any manner of liquid cleaners on an infrequent basis. Dry use before each play. Wet use w/ Audio-Technica SK301 or LAST on an infrequent basis. As for RRL #9 or DD stylus cleaner? I haven't much doubt they're good, but @ $25/.5 oz? Then again, you don't use much of it.

The Mr Clean is currently costing $3.39 in my area. There is now a competitor, 3M Scotch Brite eraser pad at $1.99.

My first choice is the Signet SK305 electronic cleaner-
www.newolde.com/stylus_cleaner.htm/
Sadly, long gone, once again thanks to Audio-Technica