Should I connect my OPPO BDP 105 to my PontisII?

I should receive my new streamer today and am wondering if I should connect my OPPO BDP 105 to the Pontis II DAC?  The OPPO is currently connected to my preamp via XLR cables.  These inputs will have to change since the preamp inputs will be used by the Pontis.  What would be the best option since the Pontis I2S inputs will be used by the Iris DDC?  It appears that it would have to be either via optical or coax.  

128x128davegolf2424

Soil,

I went with an audioquest optilink.  Most of my cables are audiolink.  Thought I'd start there and upgrade as needed.  Greatly appreciate all of your suggestions! Iris, Pontus, Pulsemini....

I should also add that first impression of the streamer, DAC, DDC combo is bliss!  The sound is on another level than before.   It really opened up the sound. I'm beyond happy with this group of components. 

I obviously couldn't type in my post to Soix!  Sorry for the incorrect spelling for you handle.  and then I said most of my cables are audiolink, when I meant Audioquest.....

I connected the OPPO to the Pontus, but all I get is a constant "clicking" sound.  Thought it might be a faulty cable, so tried another.  Same thing.  Any ideas of what would cause this????

Post removed