Should I buy a Class A Amp.

I would Love to buy a Class A Amp. I have a Sony Tan-80ES Amp right now and I have had it for 19 yrs. To me it sounds Great but I am curious about Class A Amps. Do they really sound better? I am looking at a Krell KSA 200 Amp right now for $2000.00. It is older then my Sony. Is this too much for such an old Amp? Would Love to hear members thoughts on this.  

Blessings, ..........Don.
donplatt
Get a pair of Usher R1.5 power amps and a Shindo Partager/Auriges or Mystere or Audio Research Preamp. I can vouch you’ll never look back. Before gunning for big money power amps listen to this pairing. The whole point is get a good very good Poweramp and a even better PreAmp. With a good power amp at one end the pre amp becomes your modular switch , a valve pre amp for your mood to sooth and ss when you want to rock. So wise up.
The amp must be stable into the bizarre loads presented to it by the loudspeakers. Give yourself a chance to change speakers without creating an event with speaker matching.
It completely depends on the amp implementation, listener preferences, and choice of speakers. its your choice pick what's in your heart
This is funny. I haven't been on Agon in quite some time but stopped by here because I'm buying an Accuphase E-600 next week. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I'd make it to class A but I'm going for it. I'm looking forward to this next phase, especially since all my light bulbs are LED now!