Shindo and Joule Electra Preamps

Hello,

Has anyone moved from using Joule Electra preamp (say LA 150 or 300) to Shindo preamp (Aurieges or Monbrisson)? or vice-versa? Please share your impressions. Did you find the difference to be subtle or significant? I know it is subjective, yet I am interested in learning more about your experience with both preamps.

Thanks for your time.
writeface
"FJN04 can you post the link to the audiophile rulebook? I am interested in how much of a price difference there can be before a comparison is no longer allowed. Is it based on a dollar value or is it a % thing?"

There is no rulebook, the OP can compare any preamp he would like. I just thought the OP should take in to consideration which units have phono stages, and then compare them accordingly. Just a for instance: The LAP-150 mk.2 price actually falls right between a Monbrison and a Masseto. If you ad a good phono to the LA 300 ME, that may put it in the V-R territory price wise. I would listen to both lines, if given the opportunity.
I tried Shindo before I bought LA-300ME (I don;t remember the model but it was about the same price) and I liked its sound. I liked much, much, more LA-300 but it may be personal

The main reason why I did not go to investigate further lies in the philosophies of both companies.

Shindo build their unit based on old unique parts which produce excellent synsrgy between them. Now, if company is closed and I need new part for repair - where will I get it. If I want upgarde it 10 years later whi will do it, if its based on unique parts synergy?

all J-E pre or power ampsare based on Jud genius design but all parts are the latest and the best. Good example that Simon Thacher was main evaluator of copper teflon caps (see - review section of v-cap.com) and even now he is evaluating something new which might or might not end up in production... Moreover, there are number of modifiers here who KNOW Jud designs and always can do , at least part sabstitute if will be need in future upgrades.

Good Luck
Thanks Dob for the feedback. Having experienced LA-150 MKII SE, I have no doubts about the musicality of 300ME.

The concern you raise about repair/parts is valid, but owners of Shindo equipment have posted in few threads that it is not a concern as Shindo has been around for years and provided repair/replacement service.

Thanks again for your time.
" The concern you raise about repair/parts is valid, but owners of Shindo equipment have posted in few threads that it is not a concern as Shindo has been around for years and provided repair/replacement service"

The fact that Shindo has been around and provided (excellent) service is NOT my concern at all.

My concern was (now I don;t care) if Shindo will be gone then WHO in states can repair their equipment with their UNIQUE parts? There are plenty of such people for Joule-Electra needs on other hand. if I am wrong then my apologies.
I want to complicate further a comparison between Shindo and Joule preamps. Which might sound better when coupled to a high quality solid state amplifier?