Seperates or Receiver on a Budget

I have a question which has probably been asked to death, but since I am new here...maybe you can help or point me to an answer. I am building a HT in my basement and the room will be approx 11x23x7.5 I just purchased some Definitive 2000TL's (floor models) for a steal, and wanted them since I have the PM100's and the PF1500TL sub and love the sound of the Definitives for the money....but I am tell you this for background, not to start a thread on speakers:)

My question is, if I only have $2000-2500(MAX) budgeted for a new receiver, do I start my seperates, try a hybrid or wait until I have more funds available (if that every happens). I was thinking I could go with the Yamaha 2400 receiver and bypass the amps and get started with a Marantz MM9000 amp since I have heard good things about that amp for the $$$. OR I could just look at a receiver like the Yamaha Z1 or Denon AVR4802. What would you suggest...keep in mind if you don't already know, the def techs fronts (2000TL's) center (CLR2500) as well as my sub (PF1500TL) all have powered subs, so the amps won't be used to drive the bass.
jasplat88
I guess I should have mentioned I am not a newbie as far as setting up my system in that I have many of the interconnects already, and the budget I mentioned above is for the Receiver or PRE/PRO AMP only...in other words I have everything else budgeted for ($6K for projector, $1.5K Screen, $700 2 Monster line conditioners, $1.4K for Center & surronds, $500 for Tech 1200 Turntable, wire and other things like it are included in my construction budget). Also, I may mention I was a DJ and have a BUNCH of vinyl that I will be playing even though it will be mostly a HT setup. I hope this helps clarify some things. I really like the Outlaw stuff. Any other answers to my #1,2,5 or 6 Questions above???
Consider the Sunfire Ultimate receiver if u go receiver route, it should rivals some low-mid price pre-pro.
I have the def tech 2002tl's (5 1/4" mids vs your 6 1/2's, 12" lows vs your 15's), CLR 2500 and BPX rears. I also have an M&K THX350 sub (2X12"X350w). I have the def techs set on "Large" through the receiver and run the M&K with the LFE out (based on a reccomendation from a def tech tech I called). I use Sunfire's Ultimate Receiver to power the system. Everything is run through an Exact Power EP15. I demo'd separates vs the Sunfire and couldn't find anything (new) within $2500. of the Sunfire that sounded as good, separates included (although Outlaw is a direct marketer, so I couldn't compare one).

There are so many features the Sunfire has that aren't available with separates (automatically senses where a signal is coming from and turns the amp on and to that input, multi-function programmable remote, etc.). I went on Bob Carver's Sunfire site and found that the Theatre Grand II video processor (retail- $2500.) is used in the Sunfire, as well as the same technology in the amplifier section as used in his separates, although they do share the same power supply in the receiver. Bob Carver states on his web site that if you truly want the best sound, go with his separates, but, for the money, the Ultimate Receiver out-performs anything in its' price range, separates or integrated.

Do yourself a favor and demo one- your ear is the only one that counts.