Seas tweeters for AE2 original

Hi, Someone out there who happens to know for sure which model of Seas tweeters that was used by Acoustic Energy for their AE2 original version (“mk i”) after they ended using Elac? I’ve come across a pair of beautiful originals on which the tweeters are changed to Seas H1212 and I would like to be able to compare the data between the two.

Regards, Jonny

gustafss

Thank you, They could be the ones. Not sure though they are metal dome which I understand was used for the AE2:s.
The discussion on AE2 (and AE5) and the tweeters mentioned there refers to AE2 Signature, which I believe have a very different crossover design than the original.  

I presume you are asking because you really want them.

specs are specs, dispersion in an enclosure is ___?  what space is another.

I recomment you buy thee a SPL meter, tripod, check the output

a. close up, 1 foot away, right in front of the driver, compare tweeter output to right in front of the mid range output where they are before you buy them. hopefully ok or too bright, you can fix that.

b. in the existing listener's spot

c. your home, forget close, now from your listening spot.

you need a CD player and test signals.

this cd, tracks 9-38 is extremely helpful.

inexpensive meter, just checking more or less here or there

make sure it has bottom threaded hole for tripod use.

My speakers from 1958 (new enclosures) have level controls to adjust the midrange to the woofer and the tweeter to the midrange, and the hardest: left to right. both main system and office (just restored AR-2ax's that I forgot also had factory level controls.

Point is, a seller specializing in AR restoration modified a too-efficient tweeter to be compatible with the midrange, he added a coil on the back of the driver.

Meaning, if you want them, and the tweeters are too bright, you can tame them. too dull, plan on replacing them whenever

Many thanks! Very informative and interesting reply.
The reason I ask is that the original tweeters no longer to be found and I want to come so close as possible with a replacement.

Regards, 
J

I had a pair of JSE Infinite Slope Model 2’s

They came with Dynaudio D21 tweeters.

Better buy replacement D21's by the dozens they blew so easily (every time my teenage son had a party).

I finally replaced them with some Focal tweeters I picked with Madisound’s help. Sounded terrific, impossible to blow them it seems.

No mic in those days, just took advice, they sounded terrific.