Satisfied with your DIY power cord?

Has any1 built a power cord and really satisfied with the result?
Ok, Ok, may I rephrase it?
Has any1 built a P/C and really satisfied with the result WHEN compared with a big name brand ones?
Which brands did you compare it with and where did you buy your DIY cords from, HomeDepot?
128x128nasaman
As long as we're talking DIY PCs, has anyone tried Oyaide EE/F-S 2.6 (10 ga) or EE/F-S 2.0 (12 ga) solid core power cable? Just curious how they compare to Oyaide Tsunami, which I believe is stranded. I think the Neotech PC wires are stranded as well. I believe the quality of the copper is similar in all these wires.
I'm not saying solid core is better than stranded, I don't know. Just wondering.
"I'm not saying solid core is better than stranded, I don't know. Just wondering."

You are wondering, me too. I find some identical solid core copper wires as MableShade.com at my work and I will give it a try and compare them with my DIY stranded wire when a dozen of IEC and male plugs arrive here sometimes next week.
One thing that I have noticed from DIY with stranded wires, though they are all same 14 awg, ones with 3 conductors that already well packed in a rubber hose from manufacture(OD: half inch) sound tighter and warmer than those single (individual) ones. Regardless how I braided them or leave them as is, they still sound more open and airy than the packed in rubber hose ones. However, ones that are braided have less noise than non-braided wires.
Hi !

I've build a 10feets power cord with entry level Wattgate 15 A & 20 A and Belden double shilded for my Richard Gray RM 600 Pro, for around 150$ at part-express. Similar cable from Richard Gray was around 600 to 800$. Compare to the original one I got in the box, I notice a real difference in all range, specially deep and more precise bass frequencies.

Overall I'm very satisfied and will try other in the future.