Sakura Systems OTA Cable Kit

Has anyone tried this "minimalist" cable kit? After receiving a recommendation from someone with similar musical values to myself, and whose ears I trust, I could not resist ordering one. I will report on how they sound in a few weeks, but am interested in others' opinions too.

For those that have not heard about them look at www.sakurasystems.com for an interesting read. The cable sounds as if it is very close to the specification of the conductors in Belden Cat5. So I may have spent around 100 times what the kit is worth. We shall see.

If you have not heard this cable, please don't bother posting your opinions of how it MUST sound here. Nor am I that interested in hearing how stupid I must be to order this kit - it's my money and you are free to make different decisions with yours. Sorry for this condition, but I am bored with those that have nothing positive to offer on this site, and post their opinions based on deductive logic rather than actual experience.
redkiwi
On one other thread I commented that I use the same wire thru out my system. Internally as well as externally. .Almost all the connections are done with the same copper based solder as well. We all speak of time alignment and coherence. This rather extreme approach has resulted in a system that shouts subtle dynamics. I started using Sonoran wire designs about four years ago and have since let my system evolve with their newer refined releases. I am beleiver in the Sonoran products and even more so a beleiver in using the same signature of cable thru-out one's system.
Thanks for all the feedback guys, I will be doing the external crossover rewiring job and yes, I definitely have to get a drill to help with the screws :-))

Besr Regards,

Bill
I just discovered there are TWO OTAs! There is a .65mm version in addition to the .40mm version of OTA. The .65mm version is explicitly designed for power cables, but not recommended for IC and speaker cable applications--although I remember a post a few months ago from someone who advocated using the two different diameters for + and neutral runs of the same IC. The larger wire is safer for power applications, and might even result in a better sound. I will trade in some of my .40mm power cables for the .65mm wire and report on the results. Perhaps now we have to refer to OTA SMALL and OTA LARGE. :-D
Of course, OTA cables were used by 47 Labs throughout their exhibition system at Frankfurt High End 2002--just like last year, everything was wired with OTA. Of course, there was a lot of astonished audiophiles looking at the OTAs running everywhere. And there was one incredibly funny incident concerning the "specialness" of OTA.
Austin: nice OTA trick! Why not bypass the binding posts (on both speaker and amp) altogether and run OTA directly from the speaker crossover board to the amplifier output board? Bypassing binding posts and big female RCA plugs really helps open up the sound, and improves detail alot.
hello to theaudiotweak...Is the copper based solder that you mentioned above commonly available?Is there a specific name for it? I plan on replacing some arteries on my Triangles this weekend and need to pick some of that up.I should've gone all the way with the OTA right from the start;but then what would I screw around with now...? Thanks for the info and input.