Sakura Systems OTA Cable Kit

Has anyone tried this "minimalist" cable kit? After receiving a recommendation from someone with similar musical values to myself, and whose ears I trust, I could not resist ordering one. I will report on how they sound in a few weeks, but am interested in others' opinions too.

For those that have not heard about them look at www.sakurasystems.com for an interesting read. The cable sounds as if it is very close to the specification of the conductors in Belden Cat5. So I may have spent around 100 times what the kit is worth. We shall see.

If you have not heard this cable, please don't bother posting your opinions of how it MUST sound here. Nor am I that interested in hearing how stupid I must be to order this kit - it's my money and you are free to make different decisions with yours. Sorry for this condition, but I am bored with those that have nothing positive to offer on this site, and post their opinions based on deductive logic rather than actual experience.
redkiwi
Point taken. Petty it is, mea culpa, regardless of the merits. I don't like to appease anonymous pot-shotters -they only do it again later - but at some point, perhaps any point, one should just take the high road. Thank you for reminding me. Who cares anyway, right? Just tougher when it was someone you were nice to.
What a great thread! Just to throw in my 2 cents - I also have the 47 Labs cable and love it. If you haven't done so already, try replacing the internal wire of your speakers with the cable. I did so with my Spendor 1/2s (replacing pounds of really thick cable) and the results are outstanding. I think you are not getting the full benefit of the cable without going all the way to the speaker drivers themselves.
Hi Austin,

I have a Spendor SP1/2 myself and was thinking of rewiring it with the OTA cable as well. Would really appreciate your feedback on the improvements with the OTA especially in the bass. Does the bass becomes tighter or more extended? Btw, I'm also toying with the idea of mounting the crossover outside the speakerbox when I do this mod.
The changes are mostly in the character of the bass, not the quantity. You can hear subtle textures (like with upright bass) than before and it may be tighter. The midrange is also clearer since the bass speaker also handles much of the midrange too. There is just more detail all over and the highs are less shut in. The speaker also feels MUCH faster and more alive.

I also considered doing the external crossover, but I was worried I didn't have enough wire (and I didn't have a box hand for them).

The entire mod takes only a couple of hours and you'll need a soldering iron. A drill with a phillips but really speeds up the process too (lots of screws on the back).

Also, be sure to connect the binding posts really tight - if you don't they can come loose and you'll have to take the back panel off again (the voice of experience here :-).

Let me know how it works!
BTW, I rewired my Dunlavy SCI4's and I had to mount my X-over outside.Huge difference. A buddie of mine who has Spendors rewired his with the same wire I used and could hardly hold onto the phone as he described the improvement.