RTR esr 15 info

I'm new to this forum and others after getting my eqpt. out of storage. After researching the RTR esr 15's I wanted to refurb. I have some needed? info on these. I have a schematic of the esr 6/15's and some reprints? I've cleaned and brought up the esr 15's on a variac, tested and updated MY version of the schematic I have.I then made my esr 15's a line source speaker to "go with" my Maggie 1d's. I have great pics of the final speakers,don't know how/if I can post these here? I saw a old pic of someone who did this "line source arrangement" but it wasn't pretty. Some hints for the blue elements (panels)...Hold the bottom (jam nut) nut while tightening/loosening the top nuts. You don't want the threaded post to rotate. The center post is slotted on the side opposite from the nuts side so you can use a small screwdriver to keep this post from rotating (on my panels at least).My elements are date coded 1974 as I recall. I used a super soft artist "fan" brush w/a fan blowing across me while dusting both sides of the "grids". I used those magnifier goggles you see the watchmakers/hobbiest use. This was time consuming for 30 esr panels, but the safest/most thorough way I felt. I could examine the grids and even straighten any "bent" grid/stator? wires I found.
sniffles
Wow! A tidal wave of nostalgia sweeps over me. I own a pair of Infinity 2000As, one of my favorite speakers of all times, owned RTR-ESR6s and also own a pair of T IDs. Yes, maybe 30 years ago I did the RTR line source with the Tymps. There's a bit of a challenge with this as I recall. The xo of the T-1Ds is 6dB @1.1k. The Infinity/RTR tweeters crossed over at 1.8k in the 2000As and 1.5k in the stand alone add- on RTR units. The stats can't reasonably be crossed over to the T1D bass panels at the lower frequency that would mate well with them Especially at such a shallow slope.
I didn't cross my line sourced RTR's to the 1D's but augmented them. I run the 1d's full range bi-amped. the id tweeters are used from 1K up since the recommended audio reasearch x-over is used before the tweeter amp. I'm trying to figure out if R2,L2 and C1 are the x-over components in the schematic (of the rtr 6-15's) and if so Which can I change to up the x-over point from 1200 to about 3000 Hz? The esr 6's crossed at 1.5K the esr 15's at 1.2K. I y'd out of the audio research x-over and go to a st 70 to run Just the rtr15's and to a mosfet 120 (60+60) to drive the maggie tweeters.

I also run a Janis W2 subwoofer w/it's supplied crossover amp combo. I use the Janis and the rtr's very sparingly mainly to kind of fill in the freq range. A bit more "air and gut punch". i don't turn up the volume (high voltage) past the "0" midpoint mark on the rtr's. never an arc or strain especially using the modified st-70 tubed amp.

I settled on placing the maggie tweeters on the inside and the rtr's on the outside of the maggies. The "air" is spread and not beamed at you and the maggie tweeters handle the center field. As always the 1d's need a lot of placement experimentation to get the tweeter field and the whole speaker sounding right to the individual listener.
Playing the rtr's and walking back and forth showed no real beaming since 8 of the 15 "stats" were angled off axis. I also did this sitting down at the listening height. The center stud of the e-stat panel is the diaphram connection so I STRONGLY" recommend using the above described screwdriver slot on the back side of this stud to prevent and rotation of the threaded stud when removing or tightning the nuts/connections.

I finally finished re-voice coiling all the maggie ID panels. The 4 mid/bass pnls and the tweeters. This was quite a job especially to do right and proceeded cautiously.

Hello Sniffles, I know this is a very old post. I have a set of ESR 15s. I was interested in the information you had on them: voltages, schematic etc. Any info you could share would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan