Rowland 7 monoblocks

I'm going to buy the pair of ROWLAND 7 monoblocks but a friend of mine tell me better get The LEVINSON 20.5 OR 20.6 monoblocks They're less power but sound much better than the ROWLAND any advice ? Thanks
vinh111
These guys answering you are in agreement with my experience. If I were to buy transistors (I am a tube guy) Roland and Gryphon (Sweden, now no longer imported) are two of the only amps at the state of the art end of the price scale that I would consider. If you are pressed for money, the McCormack is absolutely amazing for very little cash.
I would definitely rather have the Roland 7 monoblocks. I have the Roland model 5 Amp. Which is the Stereo version of the Roland 7 Mono blocks. The Roland 5 sounds very smooth and sweet. The Levinson 20.5 Amps are pure Class A. Your electric bill will be so high using Class A Amps. I prefer Class A/AB amps like the Roland. Twilo55@Hotmail.com
The best amp is dependent on your musical tastes and the associated equipment. In my system Rowlands have always sounded more like music than the hifi I experienced with Levinsons.