Room Treatment Options?...What to use?

I am having some trouble with boomy base. No, it's not the speaker placement. I have consulted the Cardas sight and have the Robert Harley book, so I think I am ok there. But the base still seems boomy. I need a bigger and more silent room but don't have the $250K down payment money in the Silicon Valley. I can only spend a couple of hundred dollars. How can I get my hands on some effective room treatment/sound absorption material?...Are there places I can buy this stuff and assemble it myself?..Your help will be appreciated
kasboot
It may not be the best advise you were looking for due to your limited budget but I have to tell you that nothing I ever tried comes close to the TACT RCS 2.0 room correction system. I don't use any room treatment in my very oddly shaped listening room and yet the sound couldn't be better.
Tom my Everest books finally came, "Sound Studio Construction on a Budget" and "Master Handbook of Acoustics". Great suggestion, thank-you. It has alot of great starting points for low cost projects, I expect to talk to you with-in a week with some ideas of what I will be doing. This was easialy the best money spent to date on my system! J.D.
Hi guys. I am having a similar problem. It seems that I have an eco that can't go away. When I say "AHH" in a low tone, I hear it eco. Will tube traps help too? Help!!!