Rogue 66 or AES pre?

Would be using with Sony 7700 dvd,Cardas 300 b ic, Cal Sigama dac w/ Mullard 4004 nos and 24/96 chip,Morrison pre(want to use a tube pre), Odyssey amp, AP oval 9 biwire, Magnepan 1.6. The Morrison is very transparent and at times is too much. Thanks for any advice. Regards, Brad
128x128bradz
Dud- Melos/Rogue... all I know is I have one killer preamp that I got new for less than the price of the used Melos (except phono which came later with an even trade for my Black Cube)its been a while,but I think he wanted $1500 (sound right?) for the melos and I got the 99 with added NOS 6SN7's for just < $1400(plus a non $$ favor) and I couldnt be happier.With the right speaker placement and some additional room treatment my 99 and Aleph-3 combo SMOKES on metal and rock which is 75% of what I play.I've read other Aleph-3 owners felt bass was lacking with this fine amp.Also "heard" lack of bass with the 99 :) not here in my treated 15x24x8 foot room! My system is KILLER and Im very happy with my sound.
PS there was a dealer in Florida who offered me a new 99 for $1325 drop shipped from Pa.I still cant figure why some dealers wont budge and others offer deep discounts.
Bradz: You got some weird arguing here, and you just need a great preamp for the $$$. Dude, ignore the arguing outside your topic and start looking for a used Joule. I am. You even get a couple posts from Asa who wrote the damn review of it at Absoute Sound for crissake! I was in your shoes and now have shifted gears away from Rogue, which I was looking at and spend a few more bucks for a used Audiogon Joule. I always thought I couldn't afford more than a Rogue, and the beautiful looking and fancy parts Joule always seemed out of my price until I saw the thread and checked out what it would cost me to get a much better preamp right here on Audiogon. Jeez, you posters here are kinda intense.
Hi David, Could you send me an e-mail and let me know the dealer who you went through? I too have been calling around and most dealers don't want to come down much on the price! Thanks, Brad
One more question...not to start another argument here but, Sedond what is with the way you type a response....do you know the english language or is it just a thing you do?