Rockport Mira VS Verity Parsifal Ovation

Right now I'm considering between these two gem as my new pair for this year. I can get them for about the same price range so only sounds that matters. My current pair is Avalon Eclipse powered by Spectral DMA 180 if this can be used as reference.

I'm kinda leaning to Parsifal but I've heard a lot of good things about Mira and I really like how it looks like.
windowsx
Windowsx - I don't think you can go wrong with the Rockports (nor the Verity's to be honest). What's the scoop on the Mira II's? They had updated the Mira Grand II's to use the carbon midrange units instead of the older ones. I'm guessing the Mira II would be the same?
Changster, my room's a little smaller than yours & opens up to a long corridor on 1-side. speakers are also setup along the long wall.

IME, there are both advantages (less side wall reflection) & disadvantages (getting lower freq pressure & fullness) with long wall setups, particularly when the listening room is somewhat large &/or open. having said that, every room is unique (different size/ shape/construction materials/etc.).

it can be difficult to determine how a particular speaker might interact with a room... Verity generally uses wall behind the speakers to reinforce bass & requires more distance btw tweeter & listener to integrate, whereas Rockports generally requires more distance (btw speakers & wall) to create that wonderful clarity & depth. Rockport's drivers are extremely well integrated so it's prob better to sit closer to the speakers (to minimize room reflection).

the real challenge IMO, is finding the "right" speakers to fit one's room, taking into consideration one's sonic & aesthetic biases/requirements - which are all variables that continue to change & evolve (some more frequently than others)... that's why non-audiophiles think we're bloody nuts!!

just my 2 cents.
Exactly. Carbon update and better mid and high drivers. I still wonder if I need to upgrade my poweramp and the rest too.
Windowsx...do you know what the timing is on the new Mira IIs? Also did you find out about it from your dealer or from some other source. I asked my dealer mid-last year and back then he said there were no updates planned for the Mira at that point. Thx