Review: Klipsch La Scala Speaker

Category: Speakers

My musical taste are drastic but I usually use ambient to jazz in order to test the sonics of my systems.I usually use Dead Can Dance to Enigma in order to test out or try to hear any flaws or dynamics.I have owned this system for about a year now.Seems to match pretty good,especially when I added the Audiocontrol c-101 processor.I think I am satisfied with my system except just wanting the next Mcintosh amp in line which is the 2105.I see no weeknesses except the powerfull mids which are really tamed with the eq.

Associated gear
Mcintosh 2505 amplifier unit
Mcintosh C 26 pre-amplifier unit
Technics 1200 turntable
Tascam 202 mk111 dual well tape deck
purepwr
Thanx for your opinion,but at this moment it is hard to be convinced to change from SS amplification to tube cause of $$ like always and non-xpereience with tubes and their ridiculous prices.I understand that wattage is not a factor for these horns but they are as loud as can be now,but hard for me to know if I would like the sound of tubes since I have no way to test one out or (LEASE)jk!!Thanks for your opinion jax2 but I think that the factory x-over should be used cause its original with the enclosure.That is why processors were made for likewise with adjustable and attentuating networks.Thanks for your opinion and responses all these times.

I do have another question,the speaker enclosures have square magnet tweeters on them are those the second generation ones?
The tweeters in mine are K77's I believe. They are original and do have round magnet housings. Regarding the ALK crossover, it does improve some aspects of the sound, and dramatically so, but after two days of experimenting and listening I kept coming back to the stock AA crossover network. For my ears it sounds more natural and musical. The ALK's have a cleaner, pinpoint focus, and seem "tighter" for lack of a better term. Unfortunately, on my system, and to my ears they also seem more analytical, and some instruments did not sound real to me, while on the AA crossovers the music just flows beautifully, albeit not as crystaline as the ALK's. Small price to pay. I'll stick with the AA's and return my friends ALK's to him. If you ever do get a chance to 'borrow' some good tube gear I'd bet you would be astounded at the difference it can make with those speakers. Yep, just my opinion. You are most welcome. Enjoy your Klipsch!
I have Klipschorns, La Scalas, Heriesys, JBL L200 and Altec VOTT speakers. Once you have spent time listening to tubes on any of these speakers you will be hard pressed to listen to Solid State again. After you travel down the tube road you will even begin to prefer certian tubes and types of amps(PP, Single ended etc.) with so much to gain why not give it a try? It took me over twenty years to learn this lesson, what a silly young man I was.
Good for you Tubeking ,but apparently there is not always a necessety for a change.So please do not consider your self at the top of the world just cause of your amplifier design preference!
They don't call him the Tubeking for nothing! Words of wisdom from royalty regarding tubes and horns....once you had'em together you will never go back! Completely agree; all hail to the King! That array of speakers you have take up some major real estate in your kingdom Tubeking! You must be lucky enough to have married the Hornqueen! Cool beans - of all my audio gear my LaScala's are the most frequently and unfairly berated by my own beautiful Queen simply for their size ("...those things are bigger than our washing machine!!"). I own vintage Heresy's as well (in my work system, while the LaScala's are in the home system). What have you found your preferences with the Heresy's as far as tweaks and types of amps to drive them with? Or are you running them as center channels? My biggest improvements over stock with the LaScalas have been replacing the lamp-cord wiring harness with DH Lab silver wires (big sonic improvement). Mine also have Dynamat covered horns, but I got them that way so don't know the difference it made. They are the older metal horns with K55V and K77 drivers.