Replacement fuse for McCormack DNA 225 and RLD-1

Hi There,

Does any one out there has info handy on fuses (specs and how many) for McCormack DNA-225 Amp and RLD-1 Pre?

Also, have you tried hi-fi and/or furutech replacement fuses with McCormack RevA / Gold upgrades and would you recommend incurring the expense?

I think DNA225 has 1 main external and 5-6 internal fuses, so @Furutech prices it will add up to about $300!

Thanks!
paul2k7
thanks again Jedinite!

Agree on DNA225 Rev.A, for its price - it is suppose to be a great Amp! I say "suppose", only 'cause I'm relatively new to the 2-channel mid/hi-fi, and haven't heard many Amps/systems. I went w/ McCormack line based on a very strong reco from a friend, who used to own DNA1 deluxe and has vast experience.

Haven't been able to call McCormack or SMc today. I just opened the hood and looks like inside it uses 4x F10A and 2x F2A fuses. Contemplating the fuse upgrade as budget permits ;-)

I will update info here, for future ref, as I hear back from the sources.
I got fuse spec and preferential order of replacement info, from the qualified source. Here it is:

"I would change the remaining fuses in this order.

RLD-1 mains fuse X 1 - Furutech Slow-Blo (use a 315ma - 400ma)

DNA-225 power supply fuses X 2 Furutech Slow Blo 1.5A

DNA-225 rail fuses X 4 HiFi Tuning Fuses 10A Fast Blo"
Hello Paul,

I used to work at Virtual Dynamics, and thought I might actually be able to help you out. I have the McCormack DNA 225 Platinum plus (stealth caps, transformer+, carbon transformer base) upgrade. Wonderful sounding amp, and it first came with the HiFi fuses, as they accidently shipped it before receiving the Furutechs. Rick is a big fan of magnets, and on his Luminance amp replaced his fuses with them, so I likewise did with my McCormack (which is why the amp ended up at SMC in the first place!). I say this to say that the improvement that the magnets made, partially as a solid conductor would make a good improvement, the Furutech fuse made just as much. I highly encourage this upgrade, and it is safe!
Nvanderstoep, let me confirm if I got you right - you are suggesting "to use 'magnets' instead of a 'furutech fuse', as they have comparable performance"?? If so, what about protection (provided by fuse)? Wouldn't a magnet negate the purpose of putting a fuse in the circuit??
A friend of mine uses magnets in his equipment and ,yes , there is no protection when you do so. A tweak too far for me but I have read on other forums that it has its advocates.