REL Strata III - faint crackle/pop sounds

I've been very happy with my REL Strata III for many years. However, I recently started hearing a faint crackle/pop sound coming from it whenever it is powered on.

Any ideas for what I can try to do to diagnose the problem? Any recommended repair places? I can try Sumiko (USA distributor) but I would prefer a recommendation from folks on this forum before I send it to them.

Thanks in advance!
theasianmenace
Sounds like a problem in the units crossover. I would have to guess it's a resistor gone bad. I gather someone on the Gon would have even more experience with this, and have a better idea what the problem is? The best of luck with this unit, I had one and only sold because of an issue with space.
Well, that's what I'm worried about. If I go through Sumiko or one of their dealers, it might end up costing more than I paid for the sub in the first place.

Anyone know of places here in Northern California where I might be able to take the sub to be diagnosed and repaired? I'm sure there have to be skilled, reputable places out there...

Thanks!
the popping sound may be just the turning on of the rocker switch but I doubt very much if the crackle is. You could turn off the unit and plug it into a multi outlet strip then turn on the strip and see.