REL S/510 vs. Thiel SS2

Greetings, 

How do you think a Thiel SS2 subwoofer compare to a REL S/510, for both music and movies?  Thanks. 

w-j

I own REL 2x510, a few x#25 and although I like the sound, there are better subs out there. 

REL is well behind the curve on sub controls:

1. Do not have continuous phase adjustment, you only have 0-180 and for me it is is extremely limiting, specially  in medium-smaller rooms with tight spaces.
  2. Xover and volume dial are not marked, and the "clicks" are so smooth that you need very sensitive hands to know where you are. just one click makes a lot of difference, so tunning the subs is made unnecessarily difficult.  I listen and measure and listen, I don't do the "by ear" alone.
  3. I do not know how you say this in English, but they also send music to the floor adding to vibration.

Once you have them dialed in they are good, but if you listen different types of music then you will be pulling the hairs because all is manual and difficult to get back and forth with the settings.

I would not buy them until they get back on the track and offer the dialing tools others do. At the most minimum, adjustable phase, and numbers/marks in the dials.

Thanks for your response.  My reason for comparing the two is because I'm in the market for a sub to mate with my Thiel speakers (CS2.3, Power Point and SCS3) and I'm torn between the two.  I understand that things have changed since the release of the Thiel SmartSubs, but I'm curious as to how they would fare with today's movies.  

Anyone?