Rega RP6 vs Pro Ject 1Xpession Carbon - is there $500 difference

OK looking for some help from someone who hopefully has first hand experience with both these tables....I am getting ready to buy a second table, my choices are the Rega RP6 vs Pro Ject 1Xpession Carbon , both come with speedbox and the Rega is $500 more , is it worth it?

I already know its a better table......I am a chronic researcher before I buy anything and I really cant find a head to head comparison......leave the cartridge out of the comparison, I have several of my own.

Both have a really good price on them right now from separate places so theres no asking the salesman, I have no store locally that has either table in to listen to, and I am afraid the sale is going to go off soon so I have to decide asap.

again , $500 difference?! maybe? No? Yes?.....I have smoke coming out of my ears reading about both, and others, and trying to decide!

The Rega is a little above what I was shooting to spend on a second table (my other is a modified Thorens TD 160 ) but I am willing to go that route if its worth the $500

any help would be greatly appreciated !

bairdz
For my 2 cents worth, I've had the Rega P3, P5, RP6, and RP8, the latter 3 with TTPSU's. I've also had the Project Expression III, with the fishline antiskate.  Those  all have been sold and I currently have a Technics SL 1300 and restored [byV.N.] Thorens TD 150 and 160Super. These vintage TTs I vastly prefer to the Projects and Regas..The 2 Thorens have  Jelco 750D tonearms.By the way, Sunnyjim, I'm curious as to which TT you finally settled on, if you don't mind sharing this info.
I think so. I had 2 pro-ject tables, original xpression and xpeession III. MY current RP6 blows both away. See my system details what I use with it. It boogies and does blues and classical well.
all great comments, but is there $500 difference?
thats still what I am wondering......and thanks SUNNYJIM , I gave that table another look and asked the seller a couple questions but have yet to get an answer.....plus its a Xperience and I am looking at a Xpression, wondering whats higher on the food chain there??
The  2 Xperience is quite a bit higher on the food chain. As I recall, around$1500 whereas the Xpression is less than $1000. Check Needle Doctor under turntables for prices on a slew of turntables.

Bairdz....  Boofer is correct about the higher level of the 2Xperience and the pricing.

Not to highjack your thread I just want to mention to Boofer that I have not made a decision on the turntable, however, there is a Rega RP6 with their cartridge and speed controller on AG for sale  I am tempted but I owned a Rega P3-24 about 5 years ago, and wanted to try something. different.  I looked at the SOTA turntables The Moonbeam is attractive looking in its natural oak wood chassis, but the arm is an OEM  R202 probably made by Rega   Overall. despite good reviews, especially about speed stability and construction, it looks flimsy, and you get no dustcover The next model is the Comet IV which is supposedly better but has few accessories or pre-packed cartridge and costs $1600  Neither table, despite SOTA's reputation, seems a very good value to me, especially compared to the Rega RP-6 with the Exact II spike. 

Thanks, Bairdz .for the use of the space  Good Luck