Rega P25 question

My friend is getting a P25 and was wondering what cartridge matches people have had good sucess with it.

I like the Garrott p-77. Anyone heard it on a P25?

Thanks as always, Benthar
benthar
Try the new Shelter $850.00 Cartrige. I hear it goes great With the P25 as long as you install the right amount of shims under the 600 Arm base. In fact the Shelter is considered to be one of the best low output moving coils ever made and was listed as a Stereophile Class A reccomendation under a different name a few years back when it sold for over $2000.00!
Yeah, I read that about the Shelter.

For what it's worth, I have a P5 with a Dynavector 20XH and it sounds great. Very well balanced. I am tempted between trying a low MC once I upgrade my phonostage or spending the cheese on some tweaks - vibration stuff, etc..

I wish I had a store where they owner would let me take cartridges home to try out.
That is correct. I had a Grado Sonata in my Rega 25, and it did hum though slightly. It was kind of acceptable, but I couldn't really turn it up louder. I installed a Benz Ebony High Output and WOW - much better
Has anyone tried it with a zyx 100? Add a base to increase the weight of the cartridge and some spacer to adjust the VTA and listen....