Rega Brio R bright???

Hello,

I have a Rega Brio R on home demo with a pair of exites X12 and a RDAC. But i find that it sounds bright. I saw two topics with the same issues. The majority of the reviews/impressions say that this amp is all but bright. Didn't found an answer yet. I tried other sources but the problem remains.

Tomarrow i wil post a review about the sound and feel of the amp.

Do you guys have tips or ideas on what to do next?
iaudio1987
You really need to start looking into tube amps. Trust me I have had the same issues you just said. I changed over to tubes a few years ago and it is really hard to go back to solid state after that. I am confident you will like the warm musicality of tubes and tube amps mostly have little to no harshness to the sound. I only use solid state now in my second system.

The only problem for you is that Dynaudio speakers are not very efficient. You need at least 50 tube watts to get them going. I did hear the Dynaudio X32 hooked up to a VTL 60 watt amp. I put on some electronic music and they went as loud as I could ever hope for.
You have to understand something.....what you are describing with some of these amps is only when you are trying to combine them with the Dynaudios....if you heard them with other brands of speakers you might be surprised....why not go for what Dynaudio people use, or some of them anyway....I'm sure if you ask you'll still get a thousand different answers, just from them....I can offer no other advice, since I am not a fan of Dynaudio speakers...drivers yes, speakers no.....good luck....
Well, People Recommend the following:

Rotel = to bassy in my room, if the nad is no good, i will buy this one
Arcam = To analytical
Exposure = not avalible in my region
Creek = no home demo possible
nad = need to demo @ home

i have read many comments about it sounding too bright, even after hours of

break in. I can assure you that a Jolida JD102CRC amp, or JD301BRC with level on upgrade will sound better- comment after comment on Jolida amps- no listening fatigue.

I sell Jolida gear and Klipsch- people are always telling me no listener fatigue. Not the most stylish gear, but sound is excellent compared to anything in the same price range, and even a good bit more. Service is great too. A lot of this "boutique" stuff is not all it is cracked up to be.