Record Cleaner

There are a lot of cleaners on the market these days. Is there a consenus out there on what record cleaner does the best job?

Record washing does not seem to be an exact science sometimes a mint record is full of ticks and noise even after several washings. While others play great after after 1 wash. I have tried Nitty Gritty, VPI and UHF all good products but none yield consistant results.

Is there one that seems to give consistent results time after time?
kel34
No, but I guess this is the kind of phrase that I take so much notice of in grading papers. He is implying that nothing could do better without ever trying other products. As always, I am merely saying that in my experience, the Loricraft is the best.
I agree 100%, the Loricraft seems to be the champ.

I put a Loricraft RCM on my Christmas list, we'll see if I've been naughty or nice ...
"Perfectly well" is a phrase I hope all of you find some day. Unfortunately, "Grass is always greener" runs rampant on this board.
I wash the used LPs I buy in the sink with a UFO dealie that a guy sells on ebay, it seals off the label. I use 1-2 drops Ivory dish soap in the sink water and I use a mix of alcohol, water, Ivory sprayed on the record and scrubbed with a velvet brush. I rinse with warm then cold water. I then run it through the nitty gritty machine (I too would build a RCM for $50.00 if i had it to do again) then records go in new poly-lined sleeves. After that, I only use a carbon fiber brush, maybe the nitty gritty machine ( I use NG cleaning fluid) I find this system works perfectly well, but to be fair I'm to obsessed with the music to notice the occasional "pop".

Headcoat, I am not being dismissive when I urge you to stay satisfied with your method. Like everything else in audio, to do otherwise is a very slippery slope.
I have used (and still use) RRL and Paul Frumkin's cleaner. After dozens of cleanings with Frumkin's and at least one hundred with RRL, I have decided that Frumkin's is best on older dirtier records with significant mold exposure. If I have a new album, or one that has already been reasonably cleaned, I will use RRL (standard, not the deep cleaner) because it is more convenient than the 2 part Frumkin approach. I guess I would opt to have both available for the optimal selection of cleaners.