Recommendations for power amp placement/dampening

Hi all,

I will be receiving a moderately hefty solid state power amp (50 pounds) within the next two weeks. 
I have a mid century modern two tier table where the pre and dac are placed. I was considering getting a 3” butcher block with steel spikes. Perhaps there is an alternative isolation dampening technique that might be more ideal. 
My floor is carpeted and plan to place the power amp underneath the table onto the floor. Thus creating a nice tidy set up. There would be more than enough room for dissipation of heat. 
Would this be an ideal setup? Or would anyone care to suggest a viable alternative without going into the hundreds. 
The butcher block is about 150 with shipping. Steel spikes about 25.00. I’d like to stay below 300.00.  The main goal is to deflect low frequency vibrations. 

Thanks!

Jacob
jred
@jred ,

Look at my system page. I use springs. You can do various configurations, but my set up decoupled from the floor. Highly effective and inexpensive.
Off on a tangent.  I have the XA25 as well and did have the XA30.5. Pass Labs also believes that power cords also do not make a difference.  They do not make as big of difference as with some other equipment, but I have found a quality cord like Audience or Audioquest can even improve these wonderful amps.

I am reading this thread because I plan to try the Oreas under the Pass Labs soon:)