Recommendations for digital recording device?

It strikes me that I would like to record from my preamp, which has tape loop inputs and outputs, but I have no idea what device I could use to do that. I’m not going back to tape, lol. 

Are there any high quality rack based recorders to do what I want? I’d like a relatively simple interface. I don’t want to break the bank. 

larrykell

Haha, I thought your photo was an advertisement.

yes, maybe that, if it lets me schedule recording.

I use an old Edirol R-09HR portable, but any of the portable recorders that record to SD cards with a line in jack from TASCAM, Zoom, Roland, etc. will work. $100-500 depending on features you think you’ll need.

I use a y cable to go from RCA out on my streamer/pre amp to the 1/8 line in on my recorder. I only record to 24/48 since the streams of the classical radio stations I listen vary in quality, and none of them are hi-rez so I don’t waste the HD space. I suppose I would get some improvement recording streams to 24/96, but I save the higher fidelity for live recording of concerts.

The tape out on your device should be line level, and work in the way I described. Good luck!

Thanks. I have a portable Tascam unit but I think I’d want to be able to schedule a recording. If I am already listening to something, I doubt I would ever go back and listen to it again.