Recommend speakers for Hegel H190

What speakers under $5000 would you recommend for Hegel H190?

Used in a room that is 6x8 meters, high ceiling. Currently have B&W 683 S2 and like them but would like to improve.

Thanks for the advise.
aobscura

Absolute sound to individuals can be individualized simply by adding a Schitt equalizer. I bought the Loki Max, paired with the Hegel H190, gripping my Klipsch 15” Woofers on my Heritage Cronwall’s… just have to now sell my subwoofer… no need to worry about room size or acoustic nature now. My advice would be less ego and more common sense with the equalizer… put an end to addiction and hasty buying for whatever rationalization awaits your next must have. Game over. 

Absolute sound to individuals can be individualized simply by adding a Schitt equalizer. I bought the Loki Max, paired with the Hegel H190, gripping my Klipsch 15” Woofers on my Heritage Cronwall’s… just have to now sell my subwoofer… no need to worry about room size or acoustic nature now. My advice would be less ego and more common sense with the equalizer… put an end to addiction and hasty buying for whatever rationalization awaits your next must have. Game over. 

Hello @aobscura,

Your room is quite big and, with high ceiling, your would have some issues with mid to bass frequencies in any case.

The only solution I found (my room is similar to yours), after reading, studying and testing on myself, are line array (much better) or D' Appolito (still better that semi-point source but not at the same level as line arrays) speakers.

I chose the line arrays because those kind of speakers minimize room reflections and provide much better sound clarity and bass details in room of any size/ shape.

The sound you will get is quite room-independent and you don't need room treatment up to 100Hz. Below those frequencies, is difficult to take care of the possible issues without a DSP/ multiple subwoofers layout. 

I listened and loved the Grandinote Mach speakers several times at audio shows and dealers showroom but those are perhaps out of your budget. Perhaps you can find some better deals on pre-owned or ex-demo units? The Mach 8XL and the 9s are my favorite overall!

Even the Wisdom Audio Sage L75 seems good, but I have not direct experience with them.

Happy listening and good luck with your research!