Receivers 500 and under?

Need to replace a worn out receiver. Any recommendations in the $500 and under range? At this price point I think that separates are not available. Speakers are Spendor Preludes and the music listened to is mostly classical and jazz.
Thanks!
wda
My vote is for the Outlaw also. I just bought one for my dad and it's very nice for the money!
Soundcity.com has the following special:
-AMC 1100 Stereo Preamplifier -
Phono/Aux, CD, Tuner, Multimedia, DVD, Mix inputs
Tape monitor switch
Balance Control
Ground terminal (Ready for Phono)
Preout 1/ Preout 2
|
-AMC 2100 Stereo Power Amplifier-
2 x 100 Watts rated power into 8 ohm
2 x 150 Watts dynamic power
FR: 20Hz-20KHz
Bridgeable to 250 Watts into 8 ohm

...for $399. If you already have some decent interconnects and a tuner you may be interested.
I have to agree with nearly everyone else on this. Outlaw 1050 is in a class by itself. Check out the reviews on audioreview.com
I haven't heard the Outlaw products, but in my experience the Marantz line clearly outshines the other mass-market Japanese brands including Yamaha and Sony.
I have never heard of outlaw, I did go to there website and saw that they have one reciever available @ $499. They also offer a 30 day money back garuntee. If you wanted to buy locally then you might want to look at Harmon Kardon, or Denon. I think you will find the Denon to be a little better in the overall presentation. You can also buy both of these through mail order companies at a discount.But you should check the dealer out at this web site first. audiosurvey.com Then you won't get burnt like I did. :)

If you want to buy used you can go to audioreview.com. You can also find reviews from regular customers there. I checked there but there were no reviews on outlaw receivers.

Good luck