Raidho D1/C1.1 vs Dynaudio C1 vs Magico Q1

Hi,
I am looking to upgrade to a state of the art monitor speaker. Excellent dynamics, transparecy (without dryness),coherent sound and impressive bass extension (for a monitor) are the characteristics I am looking for. The partnering equipment is Resolution audio Cantata (source), Marantz SC-7s2 (pre-amp) & Burmester 956 mk. II (amplifier). I would appreciate if any of the members (who own these or have auditioned and compared these) can give me some valuable feedback/impressions on how these speakers compare to one another (I realize that the Dynaudio is at a much lower price point). I know the technology in the Raidho monitors is very impressive but is the sound that much more special?
Where I live, I do not have access to any dealer who has these brands.
Many thanks!
apdoc2004
Hello Apdoc2004

In reply to your below question,

To Kiwi_1282001
My room is 17.5 feet (length) X 14 feet (width) X 9 feet (height). I probably would do well with a medium sized floorstander but wonder if a monitor with good bass extension would work well too (it may offer an advantage in terms of less compelling need for extensive room treatments). What is your take on this?

I ran Raidho C-1 loudspeakers in my listening room which is a bit smaller than yours. My room is 16.4ft x 10ft. As you will read in my blog, room loaded the Raidho C-1 produced significant bass down to 36Hz. Incredible really for such a small loudspeaker. And to your second comment, I agree. Monitor speakers are much easier to manage in smaller rooms as they tend to excite room modes less. That said, room treatment should really be treated with the same importance as other audio related purchases - if not more. The problem is our listening environments mask reproduction. Silent spaces between music notes become filled in and spectral balances changes as our rooms emphasize or de-emphasize certain regions of the audio spectrum – which in turn alters timbre (instrumental signatures) and distances us from reality. Room “talk back”, kills spatial cues and as a result we are frequently left with little sense of definable acoustic space.

The above said, as others have expressed, please listen carefully to all product under consideration. No one has your ears.
The D1 has a pretty sharp drop off at 50hz where the Dyn C1 (rated at 45hz) actually goes down to about 38hz. I have a Rel B3 that I crossover at 36hz to add what the Dyns can't do. There are times I will turn off my sub and with the exception of a handful of recordings I don't miss it. Also as great as the Esotar2 tweeter is the Raidho ribbon is slightly better.

I have to say I didn't think the Dyn C1 MKII/Sig could be beat but the Raidho did it (although it does comes with a real hefty price tag).
Apdoc2004, you should also put the Vivid Audio B1 on your list to try. It's a very well reviewed speaker and in the same league as the Raidho's and Magico's.
Jjy,

I agree. To my ears the Raidho C1.1 are world class.

Raindog031,

The Raidho C1.1 have plenty of bass. If you add a sub you're there.
Tboooe and Apdoc2004,

I have auditioned the C1.1 privately on numerous occasions -- over an hour each time -- and I never heard them struggle with any kind of music. On the contrary. They delivered beautiful sound with ease no matter what was being played.