QUAD 989 problem.

One of my QUAD 989 ESLs has developed a problem. With no signal input, there is a squeeling, sputtering sound which meanders quickly all over the panel. I don't see any signs of sparking, so I'm assuming that this is a power supply, rather than a panel, issue. Does anyone know a source for 989 schematics or other service info? Any help or leads will be greatly appreciated.
dschoener
I would contact Wayne Picquet at Quads Unlimited in Longwood, FL. 407-260-6448 or wpkae87@aol.com. I have never dealt with him, but have read a lot of positive information on his Quad expertise. I am currently the 2nd owner of some 989s which I have had for about 6 months; so far no problems. I love the speakers even compared to my Harbeth SHL5s. Good luck-Mark
Mark,
Thanks for your quick response. I'll be following up on your suggestion this week. Until I get the 989 up and running again, guess I'll be listening to my old ESL-63 USA Monitors again. Glad I didn't sell them off when I got the 989s. Thanks again for your input.
Dschoener, I'm curious. How do the ESL-63s compare to the later model 989s?
Hi Rrog,

Bass extension is the only significant difference I notice. I was using subs with the 63s. I don't feel the need to use the subs with the 989s. But then I don't listen to much organ music.