PS Audio PCA-2 upgrade replacement options

I'm running this with the optional HCPS. It sounds pretty good but I'm always looking for something better. Would a used Pass X-1 be any improvement? Any other recommendations? I want to stay with balanced SS and could spend up to 5k. The amp is a Wyred 4 Sound ST-500 which I just got and really like. Synergy would of course be important.
rocket323
Rocket, you are fortunate to have a local dealer to work with. I in audio wasteland, hence my "proceed with caution". I admit that I have given some thought of listing the HCA-2 on this site. They are one of the better values for $700, give or take. That would free up almost enough bucks to try the small W4S and still keep the AE-25. Did I say obsessive? check out Element Cable, great value, long break in. Peace
Rocket, I meant to suggest Signalcable. I am very happy with both performance and appearance. I do not disregard Element Cable but I have not tried their product. Peace
Khyber, I have LOTS of Signalcable in my system. Frank gives a lot of bang for the buck. Have you talked with Walter at Underwood HiFi about trading your HCA-2 for the W4S? That's what I did. I have bought six or seven pieces from him since '03. He is very honest and fair. Check out his site. He lists stuff on Audiogon too. Later.