PS Audio Direct Stream

Has anyone received this unit yet?
And if so please share your review.
128x128ozzy
Hi Ozzy

Yes it had the latest firmware etc. It was well run in. The only difference was the server.

But I have to also say that reference system is ultra revealing - its more revealing than my current system which is pretty revealing. I heard the DS, not with the latest upgrades etc on another system and it was much better - although at that time IMHO not really any better than the PW he had before. Since then it improved greatly with run in and firmware upgrades.

With the new server I can affirm its every bit as good as the aficionados say it is - just not my bag - I prefer my DAC's more along the musical side of things. But that's simply personal preference.

Thanks
Bill
Just finished an extended listening session with the PS Audio DSD after installing 2 AMR MK2 fuses. Simply one of the finest dacs I have ever heard. Bravo PS Audio I really believe they deserve a huge congratulations!!!!

I have heard the $90K CH Precision dac (albeit not in the same system) coupled with more expensive gear and it can NOT touch what I listened to today. PS Audio DSD feeding an ifi iTube into a Graaf GM 400 powering a pair of Eggleston Savoys... You had to be there :)
We were using a Pioneer Elite player for the last listening session. The Aria Music server is in place but we needed a Rj45 to WiFi converter in order to connect it to the wireless network. That adapter will be installed today. So if it sounded the way it did with the Pioneer Elite (no slouch) I can just imagine what it will sound like with the Aria installed up and running. I willl report back as soon as I listen to it with the Aria which is brand new and will need a little run-in.
Happy Birthday to me. Received my Directstream DAC yesterday and been listening to it all day today (Auraliti PK90 serving it), latest firmware installed.
All I can say is my DAC search is over, my audio mags with DAC reviews are being recycled, and I'll have two DACs on A'gon for sale soon. Incredible piece of audio gear.