ps audio bridge

I am planning on getting the ps audio perfect wave dac upgraded version. I have been doing some research on the bridge and it seems that people are have some issues with it, should I just get the dac and what on the bridge untill they fix the issues, or should I get the bridge installed now? thanks
kedoades
To be on the safe side I would stay away from EMM, and buy a copy of JRiver instead. Many users are having issues with EMM response times. You could be lucky and never have an issues, but it is not as robust as JRiver.
Hi

To: 2chnlben

Great response but I am confused with your mention of cat-7 cable. I know there is cat-5e and cat-6,maybe I am wrong.

To: Kedoades

Have a look into Bryston BDP-1 digital player and BDA-1 dac.
Check under Bryston in audiocircle website for lots and lots of info.

Regards
George
To: Rtilbury:

"I use my IMAC connected via wireless N 5GHZ to an Airport Express downstairs, which is then fed to the DAC using CAT5e"

How do you setup an AE to feed music via the ethernet port?

I am about to buy a PWD2. I currently use an AE feeding my DAC via optical/toslink cable. I have never heard of running the music through the ethernet port. The AE is notorious for jitter- is this still a problem using your configuration? or is the jitter limited to the optical port?

Thanks,

Jay
Hi Yioryos,

I have not tried either cat-6 or cat-7 cable. I'm still using cat-5. While it's not intuitive to me, I have read that the newer cat 6 and 7 cables provide better performance. Cat-7 being recommended (be some) as the best solution...