ProAc or Merlin

Has anyone ever compared ProAc Response 3 vs. Merlin VSM or VSM-SE M. First hand.

I own the ProAc original 2 and wondering if the Merlin's are much, much better then my 2 and the 3.

I have also read a Stereophile review on Merlin Site that mentioned that when playing the VSM at higher volumes the upper end sounds bad. Any comments on this.
weaudiocables
The Magic Mod goes into studio black VSM Ms and the VSM MX is the new top of the line in the clear-cote finish. Many parts in the BAM, speakers and RCs have been changed with a more sohistcated version but there are obvious and significant improvements in the sound.
Hello Manuel!
Well I too heard the VSM SE's at Christophe's, and loved them when paired with the Air Tight. The Transcendent did shift their tonal balance towards the leaner presentation you mention, always refined but also lacking flesh for me.
I blame that on the association with this amplifier and not on the speakers themselves, which really shook my world with the Air Tight and led me into buying them ultimately!
Whether you'll like them in the end is another matter, but what you heard with the Transcendent doesn't reflect, IMHO and in Christophe's system, what they are capable of. Also, Christophe moved from a great front end to a much more analytical one that I personnally didn't like (I told him so) and just added to that problem.
Say hi to Chris for me! Let's grab a coffee soon.
Best,
Jean-Baptiste
Salut JB, old chap'

Ok let's grab a coffee when you want and make some listening sessions at you house then mine, whith DEBON évidemment. Tu peux me joindre par mail.

See you soon.