Pro-Ject turntables

I was interested in Pro-Ject turntables...are they as good as the reviews say? And which model is the one to get? It could be the less expensive one, no problem. Thanks!
dave_72
My first venture into higher-end vinyl bliss was with a Project Wood Classic and a Grado Reference Statement($1200), thru a Plinius M-16P, circa 2003. A great sounding combo that I wish I kept. Gives my Vpi Scout a good run for the money.
I owned a Project 2.9 Wood a few years ago. I believe the retail was around $899. I looked beautiful (European pear wood) and sounded great too. I wish I still owned it.
Well I purchased a Pro-ject Debut Carbon after scouring the net for threads like this. I bought a demo online, waited for the delivery, powered it up andÂ…it doesn't spin. The power switch doesn't seem defective as I get a hum when I lightly touch the motor spindle, but it won't turn, major bummer! I was more than a little surprised that a major online dealer of Pro-ject would ship an obvious customer return unit without basic testing to see if the damn thing works!

Anyway, a BNIB unit is on the way. I've read about the Rega and Pro-ject entry level models having some occasional hum issues, but the Pro-ject seems to have a simple enough fix that's making its way around the net. But on top of that, my defective model's power supply seemed to be an issue. It's a wall wart that supposedly takes 120 VAC and steps it down to 15 VAC. This one measured 18.2 VAC when receiving 117.3 from my wall.

Would that over voltage be a possible source of hum issues?