Prior or current owners of PSB Stratus Gold

Since I own a pair of these, and am pretty impressed and satisfied, I still wonder what else is around that has a similar tonal balance, but might be just a bit more detailed. Unfortunately, the opportunity to listen to better class speakers is very limited in my area, and I am not interested in Klipsch, Boston Acoustics or any of the other brands that seem to be carried everywhere.
Like I said, I like the Golds, and I am asking only prior or current owners for their opinion, so please dont just jump in and recommend your speaker of the day if you dont have live in experience with the Gold. I dont want this to degenerate into another mine is better than yours post.
manitunc
This is an old post but I thought I'd put in my two cents worth. I have a pair or original Golds. Many years ago as a college student I would drive around Denver and listen to HIFI stuff. The Golds (I don't remember if they were the i version or not)were high on my "gotta have those some day" list. If my memory serves me they had Audible Illusions pre-amp and McCormick Power. They were amazing.

In my system I have them bi-amped with NAD 2100 for the mids and highs and an NAD 2400 THX for the bass. I've got an NAD 1600 pre/tuner and Kimber 8TC and 8PR and Kimber from my pre to power. For subs I have 2 Def Tech subs. One 15" sealed and one 12" ported (one on each channel).

I've always liked my music on the warm side and this certainly does it. I think if I were after more detail I would first look to the upper speaker cable them perhaps my CD player (currently Rotel) I've got the subs each turned down fairly low and crossed over as low as possible (50hz on the 15 and 40hz on the 12). It is surprising how much the subs help in the very bottom reaches even with such a capable speaker as the Gold.
The room is an open Kitchen dining living arrangement that is less than perfect but all in all they sound awesome.

I had them next to some Maggie MGIII speakers for a while. The Maggies are AWESOME speakers but with kids and what not they were just a little too delicate. I'll own another pair though some day.

The next thing I want to try is a nice set of mini monitors with a sub to compare and contrast. I've got some B&W 601s upstairs that I'd like to compare to the Golds.
...One of these days.
ANybody know if PSB still services parts/drivers for Stratus series? Also, a good used price for the GOlds?
I'm not sure if PSB still services them. I would call the company. Used value depends largely on where you live and their condition. If your in a larger city and they are in excellent condition I would try starting at about $1200. If you live in a small town and want to sell them locally you'll probably be looking at MUCH less. Are there comparables for other hifi gear?