PreAmp for HT

I am looking at getting a new Pre-amp and amp for HT. I am considering the Lexicon MC-12, Classe ssp-75 or waiting for the Proceed AVP II. I have a B&W Nautlus 7 speaker set up currently powered by B&K amps and a Marantz Pre-Amp. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
indianaudio
I own the MC-12 and do both movies and music extensively through it. You won't go wrong with the MC-12, IMO, though you can probably get by for less money depending on your needs. If you're doing exclusive HT, I'd buy one of the used Lexicon MC-1's (for a LOT less) - it's tremendous on movies. The Bryston SP-1 is widely regarded as being music friendly and I believe it's considerably cheaper as well.

I don't think it's accurate that Bryston builds all Lexicon products. I know Lexicon amps are just rebranded Bryston product, but I didn't think that Bryston built the pre/pros for Lexicon. It could be that I just learned something today :-)

Bryston used to build amps for Lexicon, not anymore and for sure they don't build the Lexicon pre-amps.
Bryston only builds the NT series amps for lexicon. The new amps (LX) are built by crown. Lexicon builds their own processors in conjuntion with Harmon.
What about the recent EAD Theatermaster Signature-8? Exquiste sound quality for 2-channel as well as HT, analog pass thorugh for your SACD or DVD-Audio, many multiple HT modes include 7.1, a great crossover, upgradeability, a womderful DAC section, and compared to some of the units you mentioned a very good value.
I tried the old EAD products at home for about a week. It malfunctioned too many times for my liking and did not offer the flexibility I wanted for HT. I have heard that the new products are better but still have reliability issues.