pre-amp and amp for 1K

Can someone point me to some used (or maybe new)pre-amp and amp combo's that would be great with my Soliloquy 5.3 speakers for $700-$1200?

It would be used for music 85% of the time, but I still need to maintain the ability to watch decent 5.1 channel movies. The reason is... I have a 5 channel receiver, but how do integrate that into a HT system and not use it as a pre or amp for music?
gunbunny
Thanks, I think the route I would like to take would be the one Mezmo just talked about. As far as seperates or integrated I haven't made up my mind. Probably depend on what deal I run across. I've been thinking of a tube pre-amp and a SS power amp.

Yes, my Yamaha RXV-995 receiver has pre-outs.

So as I understand it, I'm looking for either an integrated with a processer loop or a pre with a processer loop and an 2-channel amp.
I think the Rogue Audio 88 amp and 66 preamp would be worth looking into. Used they will cost somewhat more than your budget allows. I have no first hand experience with their preamp, but know it to be highly regarded. I am familiar with the 88 amp which I consider to be excellent.
Sorry, I do not know a thing about their preamp other than people love them. If sound quality is equivalent to the 88 amp, I can see why.
I was about to recomend the Rogue myself (and am personally longing for a 99 Magnum to replace my VTL preamp). Trick is, admittedly, the Rogues do not come stock with a HT processor loop (though I think they have a tape loop that could serve essentially the same purpose). However, I have it from Mr. Rogue himself (whose name escapes me at the moment) that it would be no problem to have them add one. Wish I had gotten a price quote from him on that... That said, a used VTL TL 2.5 is not a bad option either at around $7-800 used, and they do come with both a tape and a HT loop. I've got a Bryston 4b-st backing up the VTL and really can't say enought about the tube/solid state combo. Try it, I bet you'll like it.