Powered speakers show audiophiles are confused

17 of 23 speakers in my studio and home theater systems are internally powered. My studio system is all Genelec and sounds very accurate. I know the best new concert and studio speakers are internally powered there are great technical reasons to design a speaker and an amp synergistically, this concept is much more important to sound quality than the vibration systems we often buy. How can an audiophile justify a vibration system of any sort with this in mind.

128x128donavabdear

Having a deadline will help you take it up a notch. If you want to swing by The Dub Stage in Burbank I'm happy to make an introduction to Marti, he was really helpful with advice for setting up my room:

https://www.thedubstage.com

@kota1 Thank you that is really kind.

I think I need to do something really good that may mean doing the job in an unorthodox way who wants normal anyway. I do think my system needs to be as standard as possible I just want to do something special by the way I use the system, hopefully. I think I'll have to hang speakers in my room it will look awful, oh well.

After having 4 pairs (total of 8) of expensive speakers all go tits up with their plate amps I’ll pass.

Add on top of that, nobody wants to even try an attempt at a repair on these amps.

I now have a lot of expensive door stops and anchors!

Maybe I can make some kind of yard decorations outta these abominations....🤮