Power Snake Mamba vs. Synergistic Master

Anyone had a chance to compare the Mamba vs the Master Coupler head to head? Opinions?
128x128alexc
Alexc-You can get them from Music Direct and John at The Audio Connection is now a dealer too. I saw one for sale on Audiogon and it was gone before I could snatch it up.Best-Gary
Have not heard the mamba. Have owned black mamba. IMO Coincident PC betters the BM for less than half the money.
I have owned a number of power cords. Including Mamba,SR Master Coupler, NBS Statement II, Electriglide Reference Glide, and the BMI Eel Reference Custom. All excellent power cords and improved areas in my all Levinson system with the new Wilson Watt/Puppies VI speakers. But overall sound characteristics, build quality/construction and most importantly for the money/value the Eel came out ahead of the pack.
Although I have not tried some of the others mentioned above, the Electraglide works wonders on my Joule preamp. Also improved my [highly modded] CD player (thought not as much - ended up using Techline on it), but neither worked as well on solid state amps - using TG Audio there with great results. I'd therefore recommend Electraglide on the preamp, something a little cheaper (but made for front end pieces) on the digital. Don't have any experience with cords for tube amps so I won't comment. You're on the right track - big improvements changing cords!
I bought a couple of Synergistic Master Couplers, and took one of them apart. Then I build my own version using a Wattage 320 IEC connector, a Hubbell 5266 AC connector, and five feet times three of 12 guage solid core ground wire with polyproplene tube as the dielectric. Voila! It sounds exactly the same as the AC Master Coupler. Total cost for materials was $35.00. But don't tell anyone else about our little secret, okay? Cheers.