power cord for electrostatic speaker

Hi folks, I would like to know if you have some suggestions/recommendations regarding the use of special after market power cords for electrostatic speakers (Sound Labs). The power consumption of such speakers is extremely low, so I don't think power cords would have audible (if there is any) impact. What is your opinion? Isn't it a bit ridiculous to spend 2 x US$700 worth of power cords only for electrostatic speakers?

Chris
dazzdax
How can you explain the effect of power cord on the sound of electrostatic speakers? Power requirement of electrostatic speakers is almost zero.

Chris
Power is their main source of energy.
From my experience, ML are very sensitive
to any changes in the system and that goes also for
PC cable, PS outlet, isolation from the floor
(cones, spikes, platforms, ISO-Pads etc), toe-in, power quality etc.

I own my Aerius I for around 7 years now and have
pretty good idea how to get the most out of them.
However your findings might be different.
Only reporting my observations from my older system, setup & room.
Dazzdax is correct. The 'power' going to electrostatics is simply to charge the screens and uses little power. The 'driving' power comes from the amplifier, not from the stats power source.
OK, if it is not a big deal - don't plug them in ........ what can I tell you.
Electrostatic...............electro static. How difficulte can it be???
I have CLS IIZ LE, power cables make zero difference at all. The electronics in the speakers will filter out any noise in the line. Plus, like you said, there is hardly any power traveling thought them anyway.

The human mind is very tricky, if I spent $700 on power cables then, yes I will here a difference. You already think they are going too, thats why you bought them, so you better here a difference. See what I'm saying?

If you are going to, try some Audioquest NRG2 they are about $105 for a 3 foot cable. Much less expensive than the ones you are looking at.