Power Chords and Line Conditioning

Does a good power chord do the same thing as a line conditioner does? I hear in terms of performance that they both provide lower noise floors and with less hash and white noise. They tend to tighten up loose bass and smooth out the overall presentation of the signal. Just curious before I purchase either one of the two mentioned. Thanks
martice
Tried to experiment using line conditioners ie.Power Wedge/Changs...yes they do make that noticeable improvement! However upon moving on to exceptionaly designed electronics they stopped doing what their role was supposed to be. Using power cords like the shunyatas had a more profound effect with the conditioning elimenated. The test was done without a preamplifier,a CD with variable output was directly connected to the Power Amplifier to high light the effect on the system. Some surprising results with simpler configuration i guess.
I would start with the power line conditioner. I've had great results with the Chang Lightspeed CLS6400 ISO then later I upgraded cords with Kimber PK 330 with wattagate plug to my Genesis Digital Lens (great improvement), then used MIT Z-Chord II H to CD transport, DAC and McCormack TLC-1 Deluxe passive preamp (great improvement). I also upgraded to a Chang CLS9600ISO and used 6400 for tv & dss. I would not use conditioner for power amp as my local dealer explained and I tried plugging my McCormack DNA-2 into conditioner and noticed loss of dynamics & pace (Audioquest AC-12 power cord (20amp iec) works great with amp) Good luck
Tgraffair, have you tried this product and if so what did you think and were you able to compare to other type products. Thanks Tgraffair.
If you are familiar with the Accuphase power conditioner it is better for less money (thousands). It is also better than the PS Audio unit comparing it at a friends home. They will give you 30 days to try it in your system. You will be suprised how much power it can handle!