Power Amp suggestions in $2000 range ?

I have a nice sounding VAC vintage linestage and B&W matrix 805 speakers and HSU sub. My current power amp is an ancient harmankardon hk870, and everything is hooked up via Kimber PBJ's and zu speaker cables. The system sounds pretty sweet, with a nice wide soundstage but tends to become somewhat harsh and raspy, when I turn it up. I think it might be time to say goodbye to the power amp.

Does anyone have suggestions in the $2000 range (new or used)

Thanks,
Tim
resolute50f6
Post removed 
i second the odyssey-get used monos and get them upgraded to extreme - extreme $not yet on web sight yet so call klaus-
smoooooooth , clean and sweeeeeet-tight bass
Thanks.

You guys are so great. I posted a question on audioasylum once and all I got there was flames and insults. Here it seems like people are actually interested.

But with all these choices my head is spinning.
I was leaning towards blue circle BC 24 or maybe AES six pacs. But after your comments and suggestions I feel like I should audition a few more. Nobody mentioned the PSaudio HCA2 either.

I borrowed a Bryston 4B SST from a friend eager to show it off. It´s ah so quiet. I should forget to return it for a long time, so I can further research this.

Thanks,
Tim