Postal Money Order versus Bank Money Order ???

Crazy question, but is there a difference between a US Postal Money Order and any other Money Order drafted from a US Bank account??? I notice some guys here very specifically note that they want a "US POSTAL MONEY ORDER ONLY!!". I thought all money orders were guaranteed funds??

R.
red2
I am somewhat of an infrequent seller/buyer. I typically request if I can purchase by personal check and agree to wait for my check to clear before seller ships the item. As a seller, I would MUCH prefer to wait until ANY payment type I receive has cleared before shipping the item. Is this standard proceedure? Or, is a MO assumed to be good and the items is shipped before it clears?

Just wondering,
Paul
depending on your bank, a bank money order is dangerous. it could take 2 weeks to put a stop payment on it so if it gets lost or stolen you may be out your funds. a money order is the same as cash and easily cashed if lost or stolen. a certified check or postal money order can have a stop payment put on it and it will be efective almost imediately. as i said it depends on your bank. it think a certified check is the way to go and send it registered mail same or next day service as well. hope this helps you.
because you can cash them at the p.o./
they are considered like cash and if you put them in the bank they clear immidatley or the next day
also govt. guaranteed