Perfect Path Tecnologies ‘The Gate’

Having been a music lover and audio enthusiast for more decades than I care to admit to I’ve had the privilege of owning some tremendous components over those years and thought I had attained a level of musical enjoyment that would be difficult to improve upon without spending more money than I could afford. Then along came The Gate to turn my audio conceptions on end. 

While I was quite skeptical of all of the positive proclamations regarding the Perfect Path mats, cards and contact enhancer ( how could they possibly bring about such sonic improvements?) I took the plunge and purchased a nano bundle to see what the hubbub was all about. Much to my surprise they not only brought about improvements to my systems’ ability to recreate a more musical sound but did so in spades. 

When Tim of Perfect Path Technologies asked if I wanted to try his new product, The Gate, I jumped at the chance thinking it would be a nice addition to what the other products provided. I wasn’t prepared for the quantum leap The Gate brought to my music listening pleasure. As much as the other products brought about a much lower noise floor, greater detail and delicacy, improved dynamics, richer tone and more realism The Gate does so in magnitudes difficult to describe. The best way I can describe its affect is unreal purity leading the most realistic musical sound I’ve had the pleasure of experiencing.....outside of a live performance obviously. It has me listening to all of my CD’s as if for the first time again.

I have no idea how The Gate actually works or what it does I just know it’s the most dramatic tweak to my system I’ve ever experienced and I wouldn’t think of being without it. As to how it’s implemented, it’s installed in the electrical panel with one lead connected to the common buss and the other to a breaker ( preferably 220). Hope I got the terminology correct.....I’m far from being an electrician!

At $4,999.00 it’s not cheap but worth every penny to me as I’ve spent more on components with less sonic improvement. 

Lastly, I realize some will scoff at something they can’t understand and I get not understanding it as I don’t, but I would hope people could keep their skepticism healthy and civil. I am not here to promote or sell, nor do I have any affiliation with PPT. I am only sharing something that I’ve found to be transforming in my system. Sorry for the lengthy introduction.
128x128mac48025
I have tinkered with my sound system and tv setup for years always wanting to tweak and get the most out of them. My previous use of HF mc-2.5's and various Mad Scientists discs was really good and was quite happy with both the sound of the stereo and picture quality of my tv. Yesterday marked around one month I have had the mats in my system and I'm getting not only the best sound I have had thus far in my two channel setup but also an incredible tv picture. I still have a 2013 Panny plasma and really have no desire to get a new OLED but I'm sure I'll be tempted to some day but these mats really are amazing and are much more discrete in their presence around the house versus having magnets sticking out everywhere. 
Post removed 
I have had the Gate in and out of my system for about three months. My music (Energy Room) is dedicated area with a highly advanced approach to acoustics and vibration management. There is a dedicated breaker box mounted to a Star Sound platform. All AC wire is cryo treated and terminate at Furutech outlets.

When I indicate the Gate has been in and out that is because I was stunned at the difference it made and I wanted to confirm what I was hearing - multiple times. As I have experienced with Tim's other products they do take time to reach full potential and with the Gate removing it leads to a gradual decline in performance until you are at baseline. I would put in back in the circuit and everything already posted occurs: more air, higher level of detail, lower noise floor and expansive, concert-emulating sound stage. And, it improves day-to-day while the system reaches potential.  

I agree with the others that this is not a tweak which to me references a small, incremental change. The Gate should be viewed in the same context as major changes to a component or number of components. At this point it is indispensable. I have a very nice setup but with the Gate it reaches an entire different level of performance. The cost is by no means high given the outcome. With the generous trial period and ease of installation I would say, go for it. 

@dhumphrey 

That energy room must be awesome, especially with the Gate. There was another member here who had one but I think ended up selling the house to move. I have Apprentice platforms under all my components and Rhythms under my speakers. Really love what the Star Sound stuff does along with the addition of my Omega mats.
^^^ Guys, if you haven't done so yet, get enough of the new Stop Its to plug into every open electrical outlet in your home. They really enhance every PPT product you've invested in so far. It's like someone fed "The Gate" an overdose of testosterone. 

Frank