Peachtree Decco 2 setup...

I need advice, I recently picked up a Peachtree Decco 2 for a bedroom system. I've got an NAD DVD player as the source, connected via PS- audio digital interconnect to the decco. I'm also using my pc for digital (flac) files, tied in with a no-name USB cable. Speakers are dynaudio audience 42 with analysis plus oval 9 speaker cables. So that's the setup, here's the problem... It sounds, well, like crap!! Theres hardly any bass, the highs are much too 'soft' and the midrange seems over-pronounced. Am I using the wrong equipment somewhere in my setup? Any advice would be great, thanks in advance.
chubz71
It can. There's a Main In/Pre out loop on the back. Remove the jumpers, and put the preamp out from the Decco into the main in using RCAs.
There are a couple of buttons on the back of the Decco that toggle in and out -- one that is for jitter (narrow versus wide) and I believe the other is some type of filter slope.

In my experience, setting the jitter button on the back to narrow sounds noticeably better (and might explain the "soft" sound you hear). I believe the wide button is to be used only if you have a very high jitter source. I would also experiment with the other button as well to see which sounds better to you.
Thanks for the input everyone , by alas, the decco is gone. After trying all possible combinations within my means, I concluded it just didn't gel with my system. Oh well, the search continues...