Paul Grzybek Tube Audio Design Passing

Today I tried sending Paul an email today. The returned response was we are saddened that Paul can not get in contact with you. I did a internet search and found he passed away back in May. He had done some work for me on a Fisher 400 and I also purchased one of his Hot rodded 400's. He will be missed.

He was only 48
johnhifi
Paul's pre amp was my first foray into separates. It was a very affordable and nice sounding piece. Customer service was top notch. Very sad news.
What an incredibly smart, helpful, and generous person Paul was. Years ago, when I bought his TAD-60, the process of working with him was such a positive one, I asked him to sign the amp, and with his typical good nature, he did so. I enjoyed reading these posts and those from other forums and seeing how universally well regarded Paul was, and I offer my condolences to his family, friends, and those who had the good fortune to have worked with him.

-Matt
My connections with Paul were limited: Grew up in Naperville where he started and am now enjoying his TAD-125s. I had level control noise problems with one of them and Paul was more than fair with the repairs. Based on almost nothing, Paul seemed like a real gentleman.
Wow. This makes me strangely sad. I did not know Paul in person, but I bought my hibachi amps from him. The emails we exchanged were very friendly and definitely chatty. It only took one for me to decide that he genuinely liked people, loved audio, and cared that people were happy with his products. He even asked me to send pics once everything was setup. His attitude alone convinces me that, once it was time to upgrade my preamp, I would be buying one of his. In fact, trying to find out why his website is down was what lead me to this thread. Rest in peace, Paul. You made a lot of people happy.
I just bought my first tube amp today -- a TAD-60, and only after trying to reach the links to information on the amp (http://www.angelfire.com/biz/bizzyb/TAD-60.html is frequently mentioned) and finding the links to be 404 did I learn that Paul passed away.

It would be nice to preserve the information on his original products online, such as instruction manuals, etc. since part of his audio legacy will be all the great equipment he created changing hands for years.